Attendance is crucial to ensuring that all students have a rewarding and fulfilling musical experience. Each and every student plays a vital role in their ensemble, and communication about participation is essential.
- PYCO members are allowed two absences per semester. Members must inform the PYCO staff of their absences as soon as possible in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No verbal notifications are allowed.
- If you know in advance that you will have more than two absences, you must notify the PYCO staff and ensemble director beforehand. A strict attendance policy is maintained to ensure the quality of our ensembles.
- Every student is expected to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start time of their rehearsal to get unpacked, tuned, and ready to play. Late arrival and early departure will be counted as 1/2 absence.
- Concert participation is mandatory, as are the dress rehearsals the week prior to concerts. Extreme circumstances may be excused. If you know that you will be unable to participate in a scheduled concert, you must speak with the ensemble director as soon as possible.
- Dismissal from PYCO will occur with more than the allowed number of absences and there will be no refund of tuition. Failure to attend a concert may result in dismissal from PYCO at the director’s discretion, with no refund of tuition.